Friday, March 10, 2017

Fried Zucchini Flowers with Mozzarella

Spring is almost here. Nowadays you can find vegetables and fruits all year around. But somehow I love to keep the old  Italian tradition, to eat vegetables and fruit while in season. So I love spring as it brings many delicious of them and among my favorite vegetables, spring brings the Zucchine.

Venice Rialto Market 

It may look weird to eat a flower, but believe me if you try it you will love it. I share today here, thank you to  my dear Venetian friend and celebrity Chef Marika Contaldo Seguso, one my favorite recipe to eat the zucchini flowers: stuffed with mozzarella. A real salty treat .


                                                                           
Serving 6

BATTER :
½ Cup of All Purpose flour
Iced Sparkling water
1 Liter of Sunflower oil or Peanut Oil
Salt and pepper

Preparation:
Whisk 1 cup of flour with iced sparkling water until rich a creamy consistency.
Add 1 tsp of salt and let it rest in refrigerator


ZUCCHINI FLOWERS FILLING:
6 Zucchini flowers
1C  Mozzarella Cheese cubed
2 T Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper

Preparation:
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
Remove the pistil of the flower.
Carefully stuff the flowers with the Mozzarella mixture.
Close the petals and deep in the Tempura Batter.
Deep the sliced vegetable in the batter and deep fried in very hot sunflower oil.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.

TIPS
Seasoning & Presentation
Sprinkle sea salt flakes.
Served with a Cream of Basil and Tomatoes.

Celebrity Chef Marika Contaldo Seguso 
Join me on my official mailing list www.giadavalenti.com  to be part of my world of lovers of love and to to stay connected with me.



-->
And if you want to join me on the Giada Valenti “From Venice With Love” Cruise on the MSC Musica leaving from Venice on July 9, you can visit www.giadavalenti.com/Cruise to register and more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment